First Photo Journalism Blog Post

 Hello Everyone Viewing this blog post,

My name is Reid Sodeman and I am new to the world of photojournalism. I am currently attending LBCC and working towards an Associates of Arts degree. I had just moved from the Albany area to the rural outskirts of Eugene, OR. I personally enjoy taking pictures of nature and just snapping a few shots while walking around and living my life. I believe that most of the posts being made to this blog will more than likely to be of nature and natural settings, but I will just try to take as many photos of my life as I can. 

This Photo was originally taken near the end of my walk, as I was heading back to my place of residency. This photo does display a sign with a real location, but don't worry, it is not within a few miles of my personal place of residency. 


As I reached this long curve across the road, there were a large scattering of birds leaving a near by brush. Sadly, I wasn't quick enough to achieve a good shot of that, but I got this one instead. 

With the focal point being on the "Stop Ahead" sign, I believe that this photo corresponds the dark and dreary view of the dusk sky with the vague picture of the sign very well. 

Some goals that I have for this class is to learn different methods of shooting photography and hopefully I can make some new friends while doing it. I hope to see noticeable improvement in my photography when I'm comparing this first post to my last. Other than hopeful improvement, I don't really know too much about the world of photojournalism, so by taking this class, I want to learn the best methods and practices to taking photos. 

I hope to see you following me through this journey of photography. 

Until the next post,

Reid S. 

Comments

Popular Posts